• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Arcadia I Bar

french47

Hi Guys, It's the old man AGAIN ! I have been offered two sets of Arcadia I Bar suitable for a 5 foot tank, they are brand new @ £80 each. My question are they any good or should I still go for D-D Razor lights?
and finally a Big thank you to Antipofish, Foxfish & ceg 4048 for all their help.
Cheers

Hi,
You're quite welcome. The Arcadia version does exactly the same thing as the D&D version. There is an integral ballast and so you just need to mount each on to the hood structure and route the wires. The difference between the two will just be in quality of materials, dimensions and visual appeal. Both units should have sealed connectors to keep moisture from intruding into the sockets.

Cheers,

Hi French 47
Just had a read through your other post on tank size and plants
I have 2 Arcadia I bars but only use 1 with the same type of plants
Mostly crypts ferns and anubis
I was up until 6 month ago running both I bars with high amounts of ferts and co2 injection but when my co2 ran out and I was awy from home for awhile I made the decision to go low tech and for almost 8 months now all I have done is add ferts sporadically and top up with RO water and run 1 ibar
They are well made and I have had no problems with them at all
I would recommend getting quality reflectors for them of the gull wing type
I use the Arcadia ones which are ok but I think the dd one are slightly better
Matt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back