• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Arcadia OT2 T5 luminaire - effective bulbs?

Calzone

I have recently bought this luminaire and it comes with 4 "tropical" T5 bulbs. Not sure if these are supplied by arcadia or the retailer. Does anyone have experience of these bulbs (assuming they are arcadia supplied)? Or does it not really matter unless you are into finessing things?

from what I understand the tubes don't really matter its more a personal perference for the humans viewing the tank as long as you've got enough wattage and there's enough penetration to the bottom colour is kinda irrelevent. at a guess the tropical tubes are the slightly purple/pinkish tubes

yes - just reading the sticky and various other detailed analyses on here and elsewhere, seems like most bulbs will work fine (though more tailored spectral emissions in the blue and red and reducing green might be better or rather give more PUR for plants for any given wattage), so its down to the colours you like.

I suppose I ought to just, you know, turn it on!! Haven't done so yet as tank still cycling unplanted and no point encouraging algae...

Yes indeed. It's quite difficult to find some f these bulbs these days. I do wish manufacturers would publish a standard spectrum chart. That said, the look can only really be determined by seeing photos ( with consistent white balance settings) of actual tanks.

I think I will give the standard lamps a try first, then from that thread most likely look at 965 plus grolux (or may not need grolux if the Arcadia bulbs are similar -pinkish).

Arcadia Freshwater OT5 800mm 2 x 24w T5 Overtank Luminaire

Does anyone know if this light will fit a tank thats 810mm long? :/

I dont want to have to buy a 1000mm long luminaire just to fit.

Don't have that model, but assuming its designed similar to the OT2, then I would expect it will. The legs are attached to poles that slide into the body of the luminaire and have adjustable lengths, meaning it can fit a range of tank withs a few cm around the 800mm

Back