• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

beamwork LED 800.review plz

gaurang

Seedling
recenty i bought a new LED for my planted.plz suggest me to SIZE OF TANK & PLANTS I HAVE TO CHOSE?my LED ia as follows........
  • Dimensions 48" x 5" x 1" (Add 0.65" in height with bracket installed)
  • LED x 174
  • 1810Lumen
  • Super Energy efficient 0.10watt LEDs output
  • 162 x 10000k LEDs
  • 12 x 460nm Actinic LEDs
  • Use 16 watts
  • 2 x on/off function for day and night

This is a question where you are going to get an awful lot of variation for an answer.
As the question is very unclear, are you asking for a tank size recommendation as well as plants or just the type plants?
If tank recommendation, I would look to the manufacturer instructions for providing more information on optic spread, PAR readings, of light from LEDs before anyone will be able to help you gauge a tank size. Although a 48" tank may well be a first logical guess. the depth and width will be guesses without the above information. Also what type of planted aquarium are you trying to set up? Some details would be required to be able to help you. If you do not knwo read through some of the other journal/diary links to get an idea.:thumbup:

Thank you for reply sir,i just wanba grow plant like Hc(hemianthus cuba) so i don' t know the how much hight is required in tank?for the perticular type of plant with this 10000 k LED.as i already wrote all details regarding my Beamwork 800 Led

Gaurang, I am not a plant expert, however by reading this forum I have seen reference to this plant requiring low to middle lighting levels by Ceg, who knows more about plants than I do. The ability to create this type of lighting level is quite simple with the light unit you have in a standard 48" aquarium. However to gain the optimum environment you may need a slightly deeper tank or a facility to hang the light or change the height of it from the aquarium. So in answer to your question what size of tank, this part will depend on what lighting environments/effect you are after. I would suggest going for the largest size available at the 48" size (providing the maximum amount of water volume for stability) with a restriction on the depth to 18"-24" and the a restriction on breadth as you may not get the lighting levels required if it is a 24" breadth or greater depth. As the light unit is long and narrow.(although we do not know if the light is optically enhanced for the light spread or the PAR depth level limits produced). So you would have to decide if it is to be 12",15" or 18" in breadth. Hopefully this will provide a rough guide to a tank size that will allow you to carry out the task of growing your desired plants. Obviously look through the journals of people who have grown this plant to get background information on what they have done to succesfully grow it. Hope this helps you decide?

Back