• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can you have shrimp with a bristlenose pleco?

Zoe

And in a similar vein, would a pleco be ok in a tank with a carpeting plant covered substrate?

I keep Bristlenose with cherry shrimp and no issues.
I have three adult bristlenose and a swarm of babies I'm growin out to trade for credit at local Mom and Pop store.
Would not recommend adult bristlenose with carpet type substrate for they can uproot the carpet snuffling about for food.

Ok, what sub would be ok with the shrimp?

Yes there is no problem to keep shrimp wiht bristlenoses, some times they accidentally eat shrimplets.

Bristlenose plecos like to dig the substrate if it's sand. Mine used to make deep pits down to the glass. So in that scenario carpet plants were a no no. Now he's in a small gravel substrate tank and he can't dig it thankfully because there's soil underneath and it would be a mess. So destruction has stopped. I used to have carpet plants and it was not problem with him at all, he never uprooted them in this tank. And I have hundreds of shrimp in the tank. I don't think he eats them or even tries to eat them.

Back