• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Chihiro aquasky led

Tonytony

Hi ..
I'm going to start up soon a new tank. Got ideas in mind and will make my choice when I'm ready
I have a 60-30-36 cm tank, tetra 700 filter, jbl co2, dosing elos or tropica, and two choice of co2 diffusor (glass difusor or sera 500)...since my t5 luminaire doesn't light up anymore I have the choice to fall in led devices.
I would like to buy a good value for money without breaking the bank anymore...I spoted few nice options (daytime cluster, ecoxotic e-series, the new eheims or gisemann leds...) and came out to discover that theresis a copy of the ada aquasky named 'chihiro aquasky'...which cost a fraction of the original, seems to be well chinese made, and is very good looking as we can imagine...

Question: does anyone here use it or heard about it? It seems to be easaly dimmable by the adjunction of a dimmer that can be find on ebay.

Would appreciate feedback and comments on the chihito and also the attractive ecoxotic e-series..

Cheers

Yepp had it in use together with an original aquasky! There is almost no difference! Just a liitle bit "colder" and 10 more LEDs!

Cheers,
Chris

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

Sure:

IMG_0671_zps13e91b6d.jpg

IMG_0669_zpsb64817fc.jpg

IMG_0667_zps4bc5ec0c.jpg

Thanks kris...
Do you think the above link to a dimmer would connect to the chihiro? Since its very sexy and much cheaper than the original ada aquasky, a dimming option would make that light a " go for" option on top of list. With the extra leds it could be too powerful and lead to algaes?

Hmm... I would say the light Output is absolutely the same. There are only 10 additional LEDs compared to the original Aquasky, but they drive it with lower power... so I would say light wise, there's no difference.
BTW: the connector is the same, too. So if you've seen the original connector, then you know how the Chihiro one looks.

Thanks chris...
I read your journal..very inspiring thanks...

Hmm... I would say the light Output is absolutely the same. There are only 10 additional LEDs compared to the original Aquasky, but they drive it with lower power... so I would say light wise, there's no difference.
BTW: the connector is the same, too. So if you've seen the original connector, then you know how the Chihiro one looks.

Thank you so much for this info. This gave me enough confidence to order the 401 for my 40cm Eheim tank! :)

Thank you TonyTony for pointing out the existence of the 401 to me. As far as I know ADA doesn't even make the 401 (any more?)...

Hi...welcome divzero...

I might go for it too in the next couple of weeks...

Would appreciate e review from you if u order it soon...

Cheers

I just got one for myself here in India. The 30 cm option for my yet to be set up planted nano. Very sleek and smart. I just want to know the long term ownership experience, particularly its efficacy for planted tanks. Thanks in advance for taking out the time

Hi all, had mine for about a year, using on and off. Not sure how but mine came with a dimmer which was useful as it is too bright for anything but co2 injection. Great light if slightly cold for my taste.... needs a little more green and red in the spectrum to be perfect as it does wash out red plants and fish somewhat.

Hi all

Mine is working for nearly 6 months with no problem at all

Not sure how but mine came with a dimmer
Also in my case, it was not mentioned in the website, but works great

Great light if slightly cold for my taste.... needs a little more green and red in the spectrum to be perfect as it does wash out red plants and fish somewhat.
Completely agree, a bit warmer would be just perfect

Another interesting point... during water changes my unit has fallen twice in the water, a fraction of second, but enough to get submerged.... and it still works.

Jordi

Diggin up this old one here. Can anyone vouch for their longevity?

Mine (bought directly from China) is 1 year old now and works very well! This is more than the crappy Eheim powerLED I used to have

Jordi

I've almost pressed the button on a 60cm dual LED but have held off due to concerns about colour temperature....

I'm using ADA aquasky and Chihiros for 60cm tank. I prefer Chihiros because i get same results but i am able to program it with TC420.
Would you have some pics to share? Would like also if u dont mind...a pic of the connection of the led to the driver...would like to check if this dimmer would connect:
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/121122503636?nav=SEARCH
In my situation the armature comes standard with this dimmer.

Too bad ADA looses customers over dimming.
They stated for their new RGB Solar; "The colour rendition is perfect, so why dim it?"
- Well because your customers would like to simulate sunrise and sunset. It's more natural for plants and fish.
- Because some people are still learning to aquascape under high light conditions and have algae troubles so they like to lower it down giving them a chance of beating it.
- When we have RGB leds your able to choose your colors and strength of them
- Any more?

Please ADA, your great, but listen to your customers :)
(Yes, i know, you could also replace the above; Please Timon, stop whining, buy something matching your wishes)

I now have two of the 60cm ones. Very good colours actually. Not perfect but very very good. Brightness is very high (visually) and two of the A series on 60x45x45 should be able to grow most things. I wi report back when I have them setup.

I'm using ADA aquasky and Chihiros for 60cm tank. I prefer Chihiros because i get same results but i am able to program it with TC420

Hi Timon,
I am looking at the 90cm version. Please could you post some information on what you are using and how you are able to program the lighting.
many thanks
Rob

Back