• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

circler white things

Hi all,
Here I was thinking my fish had overcome the first ever decease I had in my tank....but:eek: what's this...some white circle shaped things on my Red nose's fins (the ones that survived so far), not all 9 are effected but I would like to get the ones that are healthy again.
Anyone any idea what this could be and how to treat it???
Sorry, no picture....I tried but failed....

sickfish_zps604516f2.jpg

this is the best I could do with my cellphone camera

You can get Wormer Plus (flubendazole based) in some Maidenhead Aquatics stores, especially the ones that sell Discus. I've used it successfully with dwarf puffers, new fish and as a regular de-wormer.

That's a horrible looking parasitic worm you have got there. Have you been feeding lots of live foods, it's possibly got in there with the live food especially if it is worms of any kind. Not properly treated they will kill the fish sooner or later. If it is only one or two fish you might be better off removing them and disposing them as humanely as possible to save the rest.

Good luck and I hope you get rid of them soon.

Steve

That's a horrible looking parasitic worm you have got there. Have you been feeding lots of live foods, it's possibly got in there with the live food especially if it is worms of any kind. Not properly treated they will kill the fish sooner or later. If it is only one or two fish you might be better off removing them and disposing them as humanely as possible to save the rest.

Good luck and I hope you get rid of them soon.

Steve
Thanks Steve, but this was posted 2 years ago, I did however got rid of the parasite.

Psts brought back are often interesting reads ... I appreciated seeing this one

I've only seen this parasite in wild caught fish (or domestics that have cohabited for some time with wc)

Sorry mate,

I was just browsing the forums and wasn't paying much attention to the dates, lesson learnt - note to self, don't be browsing at midnight when you are knackered!

What did you finish up using in the end or have I missed that as well.

Cheers

Steve
Can't remember what I used for treating this....sorry.

Psts brought back are often interesting reads ... I appreciated seeing this one

I've only seen this parasite in wild caught fish (or domestics that have cohabited for some time with wc)
Anything is possible in China, I actually just bought those fish (2 or 3 weeks) when I noticed this parasite and the shop owner gave me some medication for it.

Back