• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Clown Loach

Johnkoi

Seedling
I have had my loach for about 5 years. A month ago I planted up the tank and am really happy with the results .... except that each day I have to replant all the foreground plants which the loach (three of them) have dug up.

Any solutions? The plants that have gone are hair grass, pogostemon helferi and some small crypts.

Otherwise anybody near Reading want some loach?

With my loaches I placed the plants through a small piece of firm filter floss buried in the substrate. It stopped the loaches ripping them out.

The loaches left alone my HC and Glosso, but when my Flying Foxes got bigger they uprooted the HC and eventually started scoffing the Glosso leaving just stalks.

They have all left the tank now, loaches to a mates and flying foxes back to fish shop and plants now all stay planted and grow without being disturbed....

One of the trouble makers....
99f64df5-d261-48c7-9da4-9f4fca8af94f_zps572a9288.jpg

A friend gave me the loach as a present. I don't see him anymore so I am not worried about getting rid but I guess I want to find them a good home.

I like the idea of assassin snails, if only for the name!

Back