• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Corner paludarium (900 l)

UllavL

Hope this is the right category to put this thread in…

In October 2013 I started a paludarium with a water segment of about 160 l. It’s now inhabited by 2 species of dart frogs (dendrobates auratus and ranitomeya amazonica) and below the waterline mainly Green neon tetras, Marbled hatchetfishes and Checkerboard cichlids. Thought I share some pictures of the building process and growing stages. Some pictures include explanations, in Swedish :) , Google translate is advised.

The tank is 150 cm high. Here is a sketch of the the shape of the tank seen from above.
mli3.jpg

The base consists of XPS Styrofoam (covered in black silicon and xaxim), some epiweb , xaxim plates and Ben´s Rainforest Background Modellier Torf.
5JApc0.jpg

Wud9dj.jpg

YYnP8h.jpg

Ux3a3G.jpg

Newly planted...
n39zk9.jpg

A Swedish description of how the water system works...
b4x7.jpg

z3px.jpg

And just some random pictures taken during the last year...
obxr.jpg

sse8.jpg

2ovd.jpg

hawv.jpg

FqQYnZ.jpg

q6rv.jpg

l4a5.jpg

adlMx1.jpg

T6eBLz.jpg

HhVYkb.jpg

i5zk.jpg

KF3lR9.jpg

If you wonder about the lack of water segment pictures it's due to a serious cyano problem. It's just a mess... :( I'm going to try a blackout in a couple of days and see how that works...

/ulla

Attachments

• i5zk.jpg
    i5zk.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 126
  • KF3lR9.jpg
    KF3lR9.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 205
  • KF3lR9.jpg
    KF3lR9.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 133
  • i5zk.jpg
    i5zk.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 120
  • KF3lR9.jpg
    KF3lR9.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 131
Last edited:
UllavL, this is truly inspirational! Your tank too X3NiTH. I particularly like the grey stone 'wall' under the water line to the left (Vanster?) side. I've been considering using the tile mats with stones already fixed on for this purpose. I wonder if it would be a useful way of growing an Anubia wall, without the mesh (like yours X3NiTH). Any thoughts?

Yes left = vänster :) I glued the slate stones to the wall using silikon. Wished I had put more effort into it than I did but I wanted to start planting. Now it looks good, but it could have looked great if I had put in a few hours extra work. Then you probably could have done a incredable looking anubias wall!

Skickas från min iPad via Tapatalk

nice, I been wanting to keep dart frogs for a while for their colours but also for the planted paludarium but i need more research into this

nice, I been wanting to keep dart frogs for a while for their colours but also for the planted paludarium but i need more research into this
Join Dendroboard forum... The only disadvantage is that you will add a vivarium (or more) to your collection of tanks. It's an amazing world for people like us that love plants and all kind of critters. I have two tanks and I'm pretty sure my next one will be a vivarium from tropical plants and mosses (too much time lately watching how these setups work...)

Jordi

Just a picture I wanted to share. It's an Utricularia sandersonii blooming close to the lights. Know it's not a great picture but I really love this species. Think it probably would grow nicely on branches and such sticking put of the water in aquariums as well. I think I'm going to try it in my next tank. Anyone tried that?
http://imageshack.com/a/img913/3930/gvJTsE.jpg

Back