• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Crash course Dutch style Aquascaping

Marco,

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain the Dutch style. I've been researching the techniques for years, but it's been quite difficult to find English languages (or even American language ;) ) sources in the US. It's sad that it's been in decline over recent years. NA was just coming onto the scene when I started keeping plants and the Dutch style was still The Way To Go. Needless to say, it's got a special place in my heart.

Amazing tanks, I really do like the full of plants look :)
When I set out in the planted tank world, this style was what everybody aimed for but I mainly remember the amount of trimming required to keep the stems in check!
It was a bit like a body building event where you feed & trail for months or even years just to achieve that competitive look for a few days!
A lot of work but beautiful tanks :thumbup:

SO, that was basicaly all theory for the Dutch Style.

And now for the pop-quiz. Who dares to take a shot at why the above posted picture from the tank of Bart Laurens was not the best in the contest?
I think that the quiz have not been answered for quite some time. Are you still there Marco?

My own 45 gallon tank uses about 2kg every 10-12 weeks.
Standard fire extinguishers are 2kg but you can get 5kg versions or 7.5kg pub cylinders are available.
Every tank is different so it is impossible to say how much gas you will use however some folk can make 2kg last a lot longer than I can!

Back