• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

D & D Aquablue+

toopstar

Seedling
I have a spare D & D Aquablue+ T5 Bulb left over from a now defunct reef tank

It is a combination of 6000K and 22000K (approx) phosphor blend. When lit it appears only slightly brighter, read whiter, than a Arcadia T5 Plant Pro which im currently running two of in a twin light fitting

Would it be ok to use the Aquablue alongside a Plant Pro or maybe a Tropical Pro that i also have to hand?
seems a waste to just bin it when replacement bulbs are approx £20 a pop!

I believe that the K rating is irrelevent for both fish and plants and is purely for the benefit of humans. Wattage is more important for plants I believe.
The only way I can imagine the colour coming into it is light penetration through water (higher K penetrates better) so you'd get a higher light levels lower down etc.

Don't hold me to any of that though someone should know better

hinch said:
I believe that the K rating is irrelevent for both fish and plants and is purely for the benefit of humans. Wattage is more important for plants I believe.
The only way I can imagine the colour coming into it is light penetration through water (higher K penetrates better) so you'd get a higher light levels lower down etc.

Don't hold me to any of that though someone should know better

Thats what ive been led to believe also, just wanted more opinions to ease my mind :)

I agree with hinch. K is irrelevant and I would absolutely advise against throwing away hard earned cash.

Cheers,

Back