• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Destiny by Josh Sim 2013

Stormy

Hi Guys....this is the post-dated journal of my tank "Destiny".

For the first time i tried scaping with "water" in the tank, all the hardscape (woods and rocks) and plants were being arranged with the tank full of water....very challenging but it somehow gives a "real time" impression of how the tank will look like, as sometime you realize that the layout looks different after you flood the tank with water, in this case, what you see is what you get at the end!
1stdaysetupdayforum_zpsd4c3dafd.jpg

1st week - the water was very yellowish from the wood tannin. 1stweekforum_zps72075feb.jpg

2nd week - water condition gets better. 2ndweekforum_zps8d8ff751.jpg

4th week - Tannin has gone. More foreground plants (JHG and HC) were planted. 4thweekforum_zps343a3cb7.jpg

15th week - almost there....final shot was taken in the same week! 15thweekforum_zps20fe34c2.jpg

some snap shot from the tank:

Destinyforum1_zpsa3ffaba1.jpg

Destinyforum2_zpsc161b6b2.jpg

Destinyforum4_zps4a801c70.jpg

Destinyforum3_zpsc9e79e3f.jpg

Destinyforum6_zps28e0f258.jpg

Destinyforum5_zps4df3419b.jpg

The tank in my living room... Destiny-LivingHallforum_zps45a768c8.png

Final shot: IAPLC2013forum_zps204a0338.jpg

thanks for viewing and hope you like it!

tank spec:

* 150x60x60
* 150W ADA MH x 3 (7-8 hours per day)
* Eheim 2217 x 3 unit
* CO2 - many many bps (LOL)
* fertilization: KNO3 + Seachem trace + Seachem Iron + ADA Step 2 (occasionally)
* Water Change: 1-2x per week 30%
* Plants - various moss and ferns, nana, HM, HC, JHG, Bucep, bolbitis, fissidens

sorry for the mis-alignment....can't seem to fix it! :dead:

WOW:) Absolutely stunning! I love all the different avenues, I could spend hours looking at this.

Wonderful.

Thanks for sharing, Josh.

It's great to see how a master does it. I particularly like the tip about positioning hardscape underwater. I never thought of the different perspective vs dry scaping but of course you are right.

Oh, and welcome to UKAPS. Please stick around. :)

Wow indeed nothing much to add to everyone else's comments. It's simply breath taking

thanks guys.

Martin: yeah reaching the back of the tank is tough, we call it "washing armpit".....because literally that's what happen when we try to reach the deepest part of the tank! :p

Foxfish: Co2 is injected througth an external inline reactor into one of the 3 filters.

George and Paulo....well...actually i'm a member of this forum for 4-5 years already, not really "newly registered" as my status stated! This is one of the most active aquascaping forum around so i always enjoy being here. But thanks for the warm welcome anyway!

George and Paulo....well...actually i'm a member of this forum for 4-5 years already
The low number of posts kind of threw me off! lol :) and since your last post of your tanks was in 2010 is more of a welcome back ;)

absolutely stunning mate hope you stick around to help other people as you are obviously brilliant at this

Dean

Hi Paulo and Dean...thanks...i'll be around! :)

Hi Martin: i have 2 outlets and 2 inlets on the left side, 1 inlet and 1 outlet on the right side. although from the photo it may seems like the outlets are facing each other, but in fact they are not. i tried to position the outlets at different angle to get maximum flow coverage/distribution in the tank. Anyway, with a tank this dense, having some dead spot is inevitable, therefore 2x water change a week is needed to clean those accumulated dirts and to minimize the possibility of algae.

Back