• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ecotech Radion Retrofit

A

Antipofish

Hi there,
Does anyone know if it would be possible to retrofit an Ecotech Radion into a Juwel Trigon 190 ? I am dubious about it but wouldn't it be fab ! I seem to recall the top surface of the unit has touch sensitive pads for controlling it, so its probably a no, but if anyone has experience of them and can come up with a suggestion.... :)

I wouldn't do it, personally. They're designed to be suspended above an open-top aquarium.

There's the control buttons that you've mentioned plus the cooling fans. Also, it would be so near the water surface; the light spread wouldn't be effective or attractive.

George Farmer said:
I wouldn't do it, personally. They're designed to be suspended above an open-top aquarium.

There's the control buttons that you've mentioned plus the cooling fans. Also, it would be so near the water surface; the light spread wouldn't be effective or attractive.

OK George, thanks for your input. I kind of thought this would be the case. Its a shame but you are right, I will have to wait till I get a different tank :(

Incidentally, do the radions and TMC tiles work effectively through glass or perspex cover glasses ?

Cheers

Back