• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First big tank, first journal native Aussie tank

Ok so this is my first journal so don't be tough ok lol? So this 4 foot tank I found on gumtree with a stand for $50 bucks, it had no leaks and was in great condition. So, in that afternoon I scaled it with the all the stuff that came with it and this is what I got
053efd70b29eaeda042efae246f1250e.jpg

I've scaped it a lot since then, got more driftwood, sold the plastics and got some vallisneria nana and planted I have also got two desert gobbies with an eel tail catfish. I feel like I've rushed this but nothing much has really happened before now. So that's the end so far and tomorrow or some other time I should have some more plants as it's my bday tomorrow and I'm getting money. Thanks for reading!

940767f10a69941c2a8a723b1a689152.jpg

From The Native Dude

Hey, looks like a lot of tannins in the water. Is that part of you planned biotope or just side effect of new drift wood?

Cool effect though. Some serious bits of wood in there!!

Haha the one on the left came with the tank all 50 bucks, the middle one I bought for 40 and the last on the right was my mams

From The Native Dude

Back