• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fish identification required

tekopikin

Hi all,
I changed upon this algae eater but failed to ask the all important question before I left the site :facepalm:
Would anyone be kind enough to assist me in it's identification? Apologies for the blurry images.
Many thanks...:thumbup:
IMG_1420.JPG
IMG_1421.JPG

One of my favourite fish:) you don't say if you have one or more of these, in my experience it can become slightly aggressive with other similarly shaped fish if kept on it's own, if space allows it's best to keep 3 or 4 together , they will develop a pecking order much like clown loach do. They are not solely herbivores , mine like meaty foods like blood worm and brine shrimp if given the opportunity. Your fish looks like a really nicely marked specimen:)

One of my favorite fish:) you don't say if you have one or more of these, in my experience it can become slightly aggressive with other similarly shaped fish if kept on it's own, if space allows it's best to keep 3 or 4 together , they will develop a pecking order much like clown loach do. They are not solely herbivores , mine like meaty foods like blood worm and brine shrimp if given the opportunity. Your fish looks like a really nicely marked specimen:)
These are not mine, I spotted it in an LFS planted/display tank. I took the pics as I was browsing but forgot to ask and was unable to go back there, hence the post. But thanks for the insight, if I do decide to go for them I will follow your advise about keeping them in a group as I do have a lone ancistrus bristlenose plec so...

Can definitely recommend them if you have the correct environment for them, real little characters

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Back