• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fish suggestion

tinthree

I have a 180L planted tank and I am just wondering if you could suggest any fish that will go well with what I already have. I currently have the following: 9 neon tetras; 6 rummy nose; 5 amino shrimps; 2 cherry shrimps; and 5 otocinclus.

Dwarf gouramis maybe? or school of tetras?

I am not sure what the pH of my water is. TDS is 253 and the tank temperature is 22 C.

Personally, I'd go with more of the same tetras, they always look much better in bigger schools.
But I probably also go for another tetra with a deeper body and different colour for contrast, such as Lemon tetra.

Agree with Lemon tetras,lovely fish,i have a shoal of about 20.

Sounds good. Thank you for your suggestion Troi and Paulmk.. Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lemon tetras can nip and males often try and dominate each other. I would go with a bright shoal of 30 little ember tetras, they would also compliment the red of the rummy nose, neons and cherry shrimps..

Black phantom tetras - nice contrast to the reds & blues & lots of fun to watch ... though I'd also be inclined to increase the shoal numbers on the neons & rummy's

Back