• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

From Tranquility Island to A Dutch Touch [200L]

tranquility_dutch_7_600_rszt1312.jpg

Thanks a lot, Michael. :)

May I ask what exactly you DIY mix of ferts is please and where you purchased them from?

Thrills24, well here they are :

'Macro'
PPS-Pro with :
- 59 grams K2SO4
- 65 grams KNO3
- 6 grams KH2PO4
- 41 grams MgSO4
all in 1 litre of tap water.
I dose around 10-12 ml a day.

'Micro'
Trace Mix Plus formula with :
- Boron 1.06%
- Copper 0.23%
- Iron 8.2%
- Manganese 1.82%
- Molybdenum 0.15%
- Zinc 1.16%
all in 1 litre of tap water.
I dose around 7-8 ml a day.

Hope this helps.

tranquility_dutch_13_900_rszt1312.jpg

I was and still am so stunned by this tank that I plan to copy at least two thirds of it exactly. I'm not sure if you'll take that as an insult or a compliment, I really hope it's the latter. If so could you link me to where you bought your ferts and also tell me how many hours you leave your light on per day? I have 2xt5 what would you recommend for me using 1bps co2. My tank is a 180L 92cm long.

tranquility_dutch_8_900_rszt1312.jpg

high resolution
tranquility_dutch_14_900_rszt1312.jpg

Thrills24, i'm glad you like it, of course it's a compliment. You have the link in your Inbox, along with some questions about your tank.
The lighting only works 7 hours a day, because a i have more than 1w/L. If i go higher, GSA and GDA start to show in a few days.
I have 234w for 200 litres net volume. Due to the 55 cm width, i had to go with 2 lamps, one with 4x39w and one with 2x39, so i won't get shaded areas.

I have far less light but have grown 50% of these plants at one point or another. Pricing this up now and trying to get it all from one place is looking like the next step. Still in love with the entire thing!

Glass Bloodfin Tetra
glass_bloodfin_tetra_2_900_rszt1312.jpg

high resolution

Thrills24, i couldn't agree more. Each aquarium comes with different parametres, maybe different sources of light, a different substrate used and more.
Don't know if i wrote this some where, but indeed this tank is under high lighting also because i'm always looking for new plants and some require it.
I wish you good luck with your new setup and hope to see your journal soon.

Back