• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Grape vine wood tank safe?

Lindy

I've been collecting vine wood while out walking. Am I right in thinking this is tank safe? Going to bring back what I can and leave the rest for next time.
570e8ce1c5164d0b2cc42e39af2ac86a.jpg

05e4c102aa91684148c26569bf52a9c7.jpg

45c739262dc1ece2d3c7c1c8c2bd0a77.jpg

It is very therapeutic picking off the bark :)

I'm pretty sure its tank safe, you'll want to be certain, I hear it rots quickly though. Nice pieces, where did you find them? You're in France aren't you? Oh and I might use the word tedious rather than therapeutic but hey that's just me :D

Hi Lindy,
i used vine wood in Dragons Crypt. It was safe short term but by the end of its 1 year life it had developed some unusual 'mould' and when removed was very soft and a little smelly! It is a soft wood so does rot.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Edvet I think the farmers would shoot me, literally! They are all out with their guns and dogs after wild boar at the mo.

I think I'll bring it back anyway. It hasn't cost me anything and I've room in the luggage so if a piece only lasts a year then no loss. I'll just use them to jazz up the betta tanks. I also use heather which I'm sure won't last long but again, it's free!

You have room in your luggage!?! :wideyed:

I need you to talk to Mrs. O :D

No, luggage, I pack light. My sister and mother however do not. I'm a freak...

Back