• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

grobeam 1500 ultima colour plus questions

Hi,
Thinking of getting one of those grobeam 1500 ultima, the one that has several different colours
LED. The main reason to choose this one over the "normal" 1500 is that I work until late at night and I'd like to be able to have a very dimmed blue light on the tank during the night and therefore allow me to enjoy the tank a bit more when I sit down to enjoy a beer at the end of the day...

I have seen the normal grobeam 1500 on action, but never the colour plus version...so can anyone confirm that you can dim the light and control each colour independently, and also confirm that I am not going to create more stress on fishes, shrimsp and plants by having some light on the tank for nearly 20hours per day?

Thanks

Hi there. Sorry but you cannot control the different lights individually. As with the regular tiles, the colourplus runs off of two channels but in this case each channel is still a mix of colours. It in no way tries to mimic something like an ecotech radion which is about three times the price. BUT, I will say, that it does give a nice colour rendition, both for plants and also fish :) If you do a search on ebay or aquarist classified you are bound to pick one up for a good price.

Back