• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hannover 2012 - first impressions

George Farmer said:
XL winning 'scape from Volker Jochum, Germany. Really nice guy who's only been 'scaping for about 2 years. He does a lot of work with Chris Lukhaup and Dennerle.

Photo from Volker's Facebook page.
428982_143889369061572_100003215302873_180483_646223498_n.jpg

Very nice scape. The tank actually looks grown in, everything just fits. :)

Volker's tank is the best from all this isn't a question. Well deserved award! :clap:
Frankly, i think even is someone pre-grow these plants it's an amazing work to set it up on the event.

One thing which is in my mind. Isn't he the employee of Dennerle, one of the event sponsor?
He had like 2 times more plants in this tank than in the others. Maybe it was easier for him, than for the rest, with unlimited plants and with Dennerle support. What do you think?

Whatever happened this does not change the fact, this was the most impressive tank on the event, from a very talented scaper. :clap: :thumbup:

:) unless he had plants that no one else could buy at a shop I do not think that working for Dennerle allows him to get better at growing plants. However it does raise some questions if he indeed works for one of the sponsors.

Hello guys. so I am back from busy weekend. We have managed to come 8th and even get some money to buy few drinks which considering very limited resources I was well surprised to be honest. Got loads of quick snaps and will try to upload soon. There were about 10 tanks at very high level both in xl and nano category. Very happy that I did go courtesy of Luis to be mentioned again.

viktorlantos said:
Volker's tank is the best from all this isn't a question. Well deserved award! :clap:
Frankly, i think even is someone pre-grow these plants it's an amazing work to set it up on the event.

One thing which is in my mind. Isn't he the employee of Dennerle, one of the event sponsor?
He had like 2 times more plants in this tank than in the others. Maybe it was easier for him, than for the rest, with unlimited plants and with Dennerle support. What do you think?

Whatever happened this does not change the fact, this was the most impressive tank on the event, from a very talented scaper. :clap: :thumbup:
From my experience of last year; Most of the entries in 2011 contest had close links with the industry, so I don't think there's any unfair advantage. Also the exhibitors are all very friendly and encouraging so if you need more plants they are available, free of charge. Also the judges are all very independent and would likely take offence if implicated otherwise. Please don't turn this thread into an investigation about fairness!

George Farmer said:
From my experience of last year; Most of the entries in 2011 contest had close links with the industry, so I don't think there's any unfair advantage. Also the exhibitors are all very friendly and encouraging so if you need more plants they are available, free of charge. Also the judges are all very independent and would likely take offence if implicated otherwise. Please don't turn this thread into an investigation about fairness!

Cool, makes sense George. Sorry this was not my goal to turn the thread into a negative discussion.
The scape is absolutely superb anyway.

Are there a list somewhere where the first 10 is visible?

Jur4ik said:

Some awesome tanks all round, I like that there is a particularly 'European' feel to them all. I like the lighting unit on this nano, anyone know what it could be?

I wish I could grow terrestrial moss as well as mister Knott, maybe he should do a 'how to'

Cheers,
Neil

Atmosphere were very friendly indeed. Judges superb. Conditions same to everyone.
I shall make a list of winners and other tanks today in the evening.
NeilW, this light is proper LED custom made light. Might be available from Aquasys in the future when they finally manage to launch there line.
I also think at least half of the moss form Oliver Knott i believe was aquatic, he just sprayed it often.
My favourite nano and earned 3rd place for him. I love the out of the box style.

Here is the list of the winners:

XL-Contest:

1 ) Volker Jochum
2 ) Tobias Fricke
3 ) Georg W. Just
4 ) Adrie Baumann
5 ) Piotr Dymowski
6 ) Michal Maciejewicz
7 ) Marcel Dykierek
8 ) Jurijs Jutjajevs
9 ) Jan-Simon Knispel
10 ) Tim Schmiedeshoff

special-award: Maciej Strzalko

Nano:

1 ) Tim Schmiedeshoff
2 ) Annika Reinke
3 ) Oliver Knott
4 ) Adrie Baumann
5 ) Keith Eckardt

special-award: Oliver Viett

Good spot on the light Neil!

That is definitely of interest to me, good nano lights are hard to come by. I know lots of people would be interested.They need to get those on the market (at a reasonable price)!!

Hi Juri,

amazing photos!!! I'm so sad that I didn't go, but I was the only Dane from the Danish Planted Aquarium forum, who had an interest in going this year, but next year I'll have to convince some of the others to participate!!! :thumbup:

But I wanted to hear if I could use your photos from Hannover on the Danish Plant forum (in which I'm a moderator): www.akvarieplanter.dk? and show the top 10 aquariums??? We also got one of the judges (Ole Pedersen) and it could be fund, if I gcould get him to add a comment to the scapes, but he only had the top 3 tanks! :rolleyes:

Here is full Foto review of this awesome weekend.
Ed an me dropped our photos all on my macbook and they mixed up, so I tagged them all with ma name :lol:
But as long as I mention this, Ed told he is fine with it :wave:

Some shots during the Amano Workshop

IMG_6768.jpg

IMG_6769.jpg

IMG_6771.jpg

IMG_6774.jpg

IMG_6775.jpg

IMG_6776.jpg

IMG_6779.jpg

IMG_6780.jpg

IMG_6783.jpg

IMG_6785.jpg

IMG_6786.jpg

IMG_6787.jpg

IMG_6788.jpg

IMG_6789.jpg

IMG_6791.jpg

IMG_6797.jpg

IMG_6800.jpg

IMG_6801.jpg

IMG_6806.jpg

IMG_6807.jpg

IMG_6808.jpg

IMG_6810.jpg

IMG_6813.jpg

IMG_6814.jpg

IMG_6815.jpg

IMG_6855.jpg

Having been to Aarhus last year I have to admit, part 1 about his journeys and stuff like that was exactly the same.
The scape he done in Hannover is similar to the one in Aarhus as well, watch and judge yourself

IMG_3266ps.jpg

here comes the nano category

Worth to be mentioned the fact that most nano tanks have been brought by the participants prescaped from home and were set up within like 5 minutes

IMG_6817.jpg

IMG_6820.jpg

IMG_6821.jpg

IMG_6822.jpg

IMG_6823.jpg

IMG_6824.jpg

IMG_6825.jpg

IMG_6826.jpg

IMG_6827.jpg

IMG_6828.jpg

IMG_6829.jpg

IMG_6830.jpg

IMG_6831.jpg

IMG_6832.jpg

IMG_6833.jpg

IMG_6834.jpg

IMG_6835.jpg

Who's this one ugly tank :shh:
IMG_6836.jpg

IMG_6837.jpg

IMG_6838.jpg

IMG_6839.jpg

IMG_6840.jpg

IMG_6841.jpg

IMG_6842.jpg

IMG_6843.jpg

IMG_6844.jpg

IMG_6845.jpg

IMG_6846.jpg

IMG_6847.jpg

And the XL category

IMG_6736.jpg

IMG_6738.jpg

here the result of our teamwork, Ed thanks for your help I'm sure without your input this one would have never reached 8th ranking :thumbup:
IMG_6739.jpg

IMG_6740.jpg

IMG_6741.jpg

IMG_6742.jpg

IMG_6743.jpg

IMG_6744.jpg

IMG_6745.jpg

IMG_6746.jpg

IMG_6747.jpg

IMG_6748.jpg

IMG_6749.jpg

IMG_6750.jpg