• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help

sean178

b4e479793fdb3020faaf0ef044024525.jpg

I've just noticed one of my rumy nose tetras has gone very pale / white on its back end. The picture isn't great but the tail itself looks normal ( not rotting )
Any ideas ?
Please ask for any further information you might need from me and many thanks for looking.
Sean

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Does the white patch look like a film on the surface of the skin? If so it could be Chilodonella, which you can treat with proprietary medication from your LFS, very likely one based on Acriflavine or Malachite Green, or one labelled for external parasites.
Or does it look like it's under the skin? If so, probably Pleistophora, which is bad news. I don't know of any real treatment, and you need to separate the affected fish if possible to try to stop it spreading.
I suggest you Google Pleistophora and Chilodonella and see if you can confirm a diagnosis.
HTH.

Give some time to your fish more than a week it will back normal after some days, turning pale is normal for them. and the nature of the fishes is that they feel more comfortable in groups, some of them have more than 5 group members.

Back