• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How many T5's?

Simanas

Seedling
Hello everyone,

How many 24w T5HO bulbs would you recommend for 60x60x45cm (24x24x18inches) tank. When each lamp will have its own reflector, pendant is ~15cm (6inches) from tank top. CO2, planted tank

Thanks in advance

Wow, I was thinking not less than 2 bulbs. I guess that was the reason this tank failed in first try :D Anyway, thanks for input. Going to remake my light pendant....

always the way, everyone thinks plants need loads of light which just isnt the case. Get your co2 and flow right and you will be able to grow anything with one, will just grow quicker with 2.
Saying that as the tank is 60 wide i might consider two from the off to get an even spread as long as co2 is running from day one.
:thumbup:

Ian has made a good point but I would be tempted to install all four & use two to start with but as you gain confidence & learn about your tank I think four will be very useful to have.
You have a pretty big tank there, around 170 lt & at 450mm deep you might find as the tank develops you will need all four lights however as Ian points out the success of the tank is very dependent on the C02 & it distribution around the tank.

For flow I am using JBL crystalprofi e1500 with flute output on the back wall. CO2 - pressurized, external atomiser.

Well, I am thinking I will go with 3 bulbs and ability to light them up separately. I'll start with 1 at first.

Back