• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hygrophila corymbosa Thailand deficiency

Lukes

This plant I bought from my local fish store it was healthy and lush as they always are, the ticket that was in the pot said "easy" well the tank is a fluval Roma 125 with 2 T5 24Watt bulbs I dose with seachem potassium 3 times a week, 5ml which is for 30 gallons/ 125 litres and I use Colombo Flora Grow once a week with 25 pumps = to 130L litre, I also have pressurised co2!
from what I have read it seems to be potassium deficiency
please can anyone help this is really starting to get me down :(

ec9ad43cf87468bf9c3beee1c6c06c66.jpg

f33c6cc7ce8276cbfdd09bc479983954.jpg
4e6c6391fc9f48ea90cfd596974e3e06.jpg
f1d22dc494eefee9f256fd4b73192617.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiya Luke, hygrophilas are easy in low tech tanks. In high tech, they are demanding of nutrients but especially co2 and K. Just double your K dosing.

Hiya Luke, hygrophilas are easy in low tech tanks. In high tech, they are demanding of nutrients but especially co2 and K. Just double your K dosing.
Hello, silly question would you recommend double dose to 10ml or keep 5ml and double the days from 3 to 6?

Hi all,
I dose with seachem potassium 3 times a week, 5ml which is for 30 gallons/ 125 litres and I use Colombo Flora Grow once a week with 25 pumps = to 130L litre, I also have pressurised co2!
from what I have read it seems to be potassium deficiency
It does look like potassium deficiency, however the whole plant looks a bit pale and nitrogen deficient.

Your plants can only make use of all the available light and added CO2 <"if all the nutrients required for plant growth are present">.

I'm not familiar with "Colombo Flora Grow", but assuming it doesn't contain any nitrogen? you definitely need to add some. If you are in the UK you can buy KNO3 cheaply from <"one of our sponsors"> (other sponsors are available).

You might want to look at <"using dry salts"> (via some variation of the <"Estimative Index"> (EI)) as well, it will work out a lot cheaper in the long run.

I'm not an EI, or CO2 user, but other members should be able to make suggestions about what is right for your tank.

cheers Darrel

Hey, thanks for your reply I have bought some seachem nitrogen from the local fish store today, I have added according to the bottle, will have to wait and see if this helps! Atleast I hope it works

Thanks again :D

Hey, thanks for your reply I have bought some seachem nitrogen from the local fish store today, I have added according to the bottle, will have to wait and see if this helps! Atleast I hope it works

Thanks again :D
What's in the seachem nitrogen? KNO3??

I'm not sure, it doesn't state on the bottle it says that nitrate and ammonium are what is in the nitrogen.
For best results to use with phosphorus and potassium I also bought the phosphorus as it was on offer.

Back