• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

if you must make the choice - LED

Cor

I'm going to startup a high-tech nano (50 Litres - 45 x 36 x 31 cm). Going to use pressurised CO2 and Ei.
But I have to to make a choice between LED-specs, so I need some advice:

Yes, I know; it's been asked for many times now. And I'm also aware there is more to it to give a straight answer.
But if you must make a choice; which one would it be?

54 x 0.5w 7.000K - 2700 Lumen - Beamswork LED 300
81 x 0.3w 8.000K - 4350 lumen - ADA Aqua-sky 451
72 x 0.3w 8.000K - 4350 lumen - Chihiros ADA style model 451
10 x 3.0 w 10.000K - 1700 Lumen - Beamswork EVO 18 LED

cheers, Cor

ADA all the way. You'd need your co2 well adjusted or will be selling algae in the black market. :)

Reactions: Cor
I'll try to maintain about 30 ppm CO2. Light at 6 hours to start and in combination with Ei I'll hope it will be fine.

I now that the plants have long internodes with low light. But low light like in low Kelvin or low lumen?
Or is it the combination of those?

Low lumen ; regarding the Kelvin it's a matter of appearance - low Kelvin yellow light, high Kelvin blueish light ; but they say a Kelvin out of range - 4500 - 6500 - it's not advisable; must be about the light spectrum

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

So, the higher the lumen the more compact the plants will grow I'll suppose.
But also more chance for algae... Well, try to compensate with high amounts CO2 en Ei.

And don't forget the good flow, water change regimen:)

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

Hi Cor, if you have time check this out.
http://scapefu.com/?s=light

After you listen to all those podcasts, then you are ready to make an informed decision.

Those podcasts are very useful, thanks
exactly_zpsrzwaloj8.gif

Thanks for the link Hoggie.
thumb_up_zpstalfpyst.png
But way too expensive.
It may be a good quality light,but the price is just too much.
Nice for the professional or high level aqua scaper, but not for the average amateur, like me.

Back