• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Indian Glass Fish Care guide

Lukmana91

Hi Everyone,

I recently just got 10 Indian Glassfish in my 150 L tank, heavily planted. Mine doesn't seem to care for the flakes or pellets. Instead, i feed them live tubifex every other day.

Question is: Anyone got any experience with it? Does it predate on the shrimps? Does it devour moss?
Will it be possible for them to take prep food or am i stuck with providing them live food?

Hi,I have a school of 12 of these fish, diet wise, mine have accepted hikari micro pellets & freeze dried bloodworm (king british). Like yours they never liked flake food & wouldn't take crushed (spectrum) pellets. They do seem to prefer live bloodworm the most followed by daphnia & brine shrimp but never tried tubifex.

My lot are really fast & greedy! However they seem to be 'substrate snobs' - anything that touches the bottom they won't touch. I keep mine with large Amano shrimp but think they would be no threat to smaller shrimp anyway as are so adverse to anything at ground level.

Again my moss was safe & can't imagine a problem as they don't 'forage' in any plants as some species do.

You are right that they wont be touching anything on the substrate. Luckily my worms are suspended in the worm holder high up the tank so that they can nibble whenever they feel like it. However, they are pretty shy. I think they are acclimating to their new surrounding. I did a water change recently and they got a little more active exploring the tank and playing with each other.

How do you train them to eat the micro pellets and how do they feed on the FD BW? as i know they float up the surface.

Although glass fish seem to be reported to be shy - I haven't really observed this with mine, they are quite bold & assume a larger school helps. I would think with a school of 10, yours will be out and about hopefully when they settle in ☺ They don't seem to be particularly close schooling fish, except for when I do maintenance on the tank or water changes.

Mine eat both the micro pellets & freeze dried bloodworm readily from the surface so I actually didn't have to train then to eat pellets but you should try the hikari ones & providing a diet of regular live food is no bad thing ☺

Back