• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

introducing armano shrimp

britdog

Seedling
Soon i will be looking to put in my newly planted tank which is still cycling some ottos and armano shrimps. My co2 comes on at 4pm so when the time comes would it be best to introduce first thing in the morning at lower co2 levels and leave the co2 off that day or would you leave co2 on as normal. The fish and shrimp are coming from local fish shop and they dont use injected co2
any advice would be grateful

I always introduce my new fish with co2 running full blast and did not have any problems. The same was for times when i got amano and red cherry shrimp.

I think I would leave the co2 on as normal and drip acclimatise the shrimp over a few hours,depending on how different your water is to the water they came from.
Personally I wouldn't get otos just yet as they are more suited to a mature tank and can be a little sensitive.
They are all wild caught and often very thin by the time they get to the lfs so if/when you do get them make sure they have nice rounded stomachs.

Many thanks to you both with the ottos i will take your advice and put them in my other mature tank and fatten them up.at the moment the new tank has very high no2 checked amonia could not get a reading test showed clear so iam assuming there is none . So just done 30% water change and added 20% from another tank so changed 50% in total. Not sure if that will help filter but better than putting fish only in its second week of fishless cycle

Back