• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is indirect natural light part of my photoperiod?

Paul195

Hi

My new tank will be placed in my living room so it doesn't get any direct sunlight. But say my lit period was 11 - 3 and 5 - 11 (10hrs), do I need to consider that the room will be light in the morning (7 - 11) and afternoon (3-5) and should I make any adjustments to my photoperiod to counter this?

Thanks

Paul

Unless the ambient light is very strong and direct i wouldn't worry about it, if this is a new setup then 10hrs is probably far too long, keep it down to 6 hours until things are settled and more estabished, oh and forget about having a 2 hour of lights off in the middle of you photoperiod it serves no purpose. Good luck and keep us posted.
BTW how much light are you proposing to use?

Its a low-tech soil tank, I'm doing a DSM carpet with around 140W of T8 and then once I flood the tank I shall only be using 1x 58W T8 with reflector.

Its a low-tech soil tank, I'm doing a DSM carpet with around 140W of T8 and then once I flood the tank I shall only be using 1x 58W T8 with reflector.
If its a dry start method aim for about 12 hours, could even up it to about 16 if you could deal with the light being on that time. Don't bother with the break in the photo period. As ceg would say..

Say hasta la vista to the siesta :)

Cheers! Jack :)

Reactions: tim
Back