• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

is my present lighting sufficient

Frederick

Hi there... My tank is a Jewel 180ltrs 55cm tall 92 wide lit with the standard Jewel twin t5 (half inch) 35watt bulbs. At the moment,CO2 is added with fertiliser,lights on for8hrs per day. I would like to add carpet plants but past attempts were not very successful.What is the forums opinion....have I enough lighting if not how can I improve it ?
The problem is that the top of the tank is covered in three sections... center section lighting and front and rear with two flimsy panels which would mean a complete redeseign if any further lamps are fitted. A side question is.... is it normal to cover the tank?
I expect these questions will raise a smile but new techniques come hard at my age.
Plese help.... Frederick

Hello,
It may come as a surprise that "Improving your lighting" is probably best defined as "reducing your lighting". Carpet plants do not really care about more light. This is not what they want. See comments in viewtopic.php?f=50&t=10813

Cheers,

Back