• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Kessil mounting arm bracket vibrations

tadabis

Hello,

I bought a full set of a brand new Kessil lights with mounting arms and controller and I am in a phase of putting everything together in a place before starting my new journal :) I have noticed that when I assembled 2x Kessil mounting arms with 2x A160WE tuna sun's and put them on the back glass panel of the tank I have some sort of vibration when the lights are on and ventilators are cooling the leds. When I take the arms with the fitting brackets and lift them in the air (lights still on and running), vibration stops and its possible to hear only the sound of ventilator whats its normal, but when I fit the arms back to the tank panel vibration starts again. This happens with both mounting arms and doesnt matter tank is filled or empty. Looks like that those metal mounting arms are touching the glass and ventilator movements causing the vibration to go through the glass panel and makes a sound... I know that Kessil gooseneck bracket is almost the same. Is it giving you problems with sound and small vibration aswell? I was thinking to put some rubber in the places where bracket touches the glass or maybe you got any other ideas? Thank you.

Attachments

• kessilarm-2.jpg
    kessilarm-2.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 228
Try putting a block, (piece of wood/plastic or the such) between the screw ends & the glass.
I would think the vibration is caused by the length of screw & the angle bracket allowing it all to flex & thus vibrate.

Try putting a block, (piece of wood/plastic or the such) between the screw ends & the glass.
I would think the vibration is caused by the length of screw & the angle bracket allowing it all to flex & thus vibrate.

That sounds about right, i dont like the idea of screwing onto the glass directly anyway. Get something behind the screws to even out the pressure.

That sounds about right, i dont like the idea of screwing onto the glass directly anyway. Get something behind the screws to even out the pressure.
I will try to do this in the evening. Thanks, will let you know how it goes.

Or small piece from mouse pad.

I think you would need to close the gap as much as possible, to reduce the amount of thread between the bracket & the new pad / glass.
Not sure a piece of leather belt or mouse mat would be thick enough.

Excluding the screws if the gap is say 15mm then you want at least a 10mm packing.

I made screws half shorter and found some plastic blocks. Will try to fit them tomorrow and if I get any changes i'll post an update.

I had the same issue with a HOB filter.. :) Used a piece of mat from aquarium underlay, folded it over the glass edge under the hob and the vibration was gone. If you do not have room enough due to the glass thicknes a piece inner tube of a old tire might do. :)

Back