• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

LED Fluorescent replacements?

Polly

I've found LED Fluorescent Replacement bulbs for sale in the US - and very reasonable they are too :D

http://store.earthled.com/products/...m-led-t8-t10-t12-fluorescent-replacement-tube

But has anyone found them available over here (UK) ? OR even using them ??

I'd love to replace all my Fluorescent tubes with LED, but really don't want to have to replace all the connecting equipment - especially in the Juwel tank which uses standard T8 lighting (from Lampspecs ;) )

I already use an LED bulb in my table lamp as a replacement for the halogen one it came with and it works briliantly - if you'll excuse the pun :D

Just trying to save some energy - and the thought of natural looking glitter gets me a little excited too :D

Thanks in advance

Ok it's bugging me, what pun am I missing?

what pun am I missing?

Are you feeling a little 'dim' today? :lol: Sorry Jonno, couldn't resist :lol:

Forgot to say, this is for low-tech, planted tanks.

TIA

I guess I am :/ care to "enlighten" me?

I think the pun is that the bulb is " brilliant "
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep either i'm not getting it, or its not there. Things like this annoy me to no end!

I'm so sorry to have annoyed you.

It wasn't my intention.

I asked a serious question and was a little light-hearted.

My bad :(

Perhaps I should have gone elsewhere to find the answer, but I thought this was the Lighting section of the UKAPS ?

Oh well...

Not annoy me in a bad way polly!! Don't take it that way just when you read things and you can't figure out if your missing something or not.

And Don't, I run LED's there awesome, which is why i came here in the first place to have my brain screwed with!

Newbie here guys.
Was interested in going LED for my tanks that I'm soon to set up and wondered if any of you experts could pass your opinion on these?
Links for 3ft tubes as thatswhat I need but they sell them in all lengths it seems.
New to this so would welcome opinions.Seem a good price tho' at £28.50 for 3ft and £38.50 for 4ft!
http://www.led-tube-lights.co.uk/t8-led ... l?cPath=10

Back