• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

led quicky

It seems to be all to do with spread Iain. Personally I think a couple of triples would work better. TMC do a small tile called the mini400 LED and you can pick it up for £50 online nowadays. Decent little unit too.

Antipofish said:
It seems to be all to do with spread Iain. Personally I think a couple of triples would work better. TMC do a small tile called the mini400 LED and you can pick it up for £50 online nowadays. Decent little unit too.

Chris I think you should become a sales agent for TMC ha ha ;)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lmao al, cheers chris that light is my second option but id really like to have as little as possible over the tank. If i go for a 4w tristar then i guess that would give as much light as an 11w CFL???? all depends if somethingfishy can work some magic with my electrics as well... if so i think ill suck it an see..
thanks

Alastair said:
Antipofish said:

Chris I think you should become a sales agent for TMC ha ha ;)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL, now theres a thought. I wonder if they will give me commission. Well, I do like their products. Eheim for filters and TMC for standard style LED's. I have always been pleased with the ones I have tried.

easerthegeezer said:
its such a shame that they are all function and no form though!

Thats a matter of opinion I think. I am sure TMC could double the price and put a fancy casing on them but then people would complain about the price. :wideyed:

agreed and they work just fine for a majority of people especially marine as normally they are inside a hood/lid. Just it would be nice if they did a more stylish one for open top tanks or at least make the ugly lumps of plastic they call mountray brackets half decent.... what were they thinking :crazy: :lol:

easerthegeezer said:
agreed and they work just fine for a majority of people especially marine as normally they are inside a hood/lid. Just it would be nice if they did a more stylish one for open top tanks or at least make the ugly lumps of plastic they call mountray brackets half decent.... what were they thinking :crazy: :lol:

I don't think Mr Holditch will agree since he has twin mountarays holding his Growbeam strips in place. 8) You can always suspend the tiles though and that can look pretty decent.

haha i was just talking to him and said how those ugly plastic things look ok with the grobeams and on larger tanks... anyhoo i think im going to give the led bulb a go and now need to find a suitable one.
Looking at led bulbs online is enough to make you go :crazy:

Any suggestions of suppliers that i can find 6w (3x2w) cree or eddison gu10 bulb in daylight 6000-6500k....?? Ive found the ones i'd like to try but only sold in 100's :thumbdown:

Back