• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Light for nano tank

Jaap

Hello,

what would be a good light to get for an ADA Cube Garden Mini M or Mini L? I don't want to go spend 300 GBP for a Solar Mini M.

How many watts would be adequate for high light requirement plants in such a tank? Ofcourse it would depend on the distance between light source and substrate as well as on the lightsource itself e.g. T5HO,T5NO,T8 etc

What do you guys use?

Thanks!

Hi,

I got a MINI S size equivalent and I use a 11watt boyu clip-on lamp. I can grow pretty much everything including HC but growth rates are a bit slow. I have found that many people use 18 watts. For a Mini M or L I would probably use something around 24-36w if you want fast growth or 18 if you want slower growth.

cheers,

GM

One of these would be perfect, can adjust to fit on the nano, Good price and the seller has good feedback, When I set up my nano I will be getting one of these. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOYU-T5-8W-x- ... 632wt_1165

Either that or get a couple of 11Watt Arc pods = 24W.

For high lighting on a nano you want to equal or go slightly over the Water capacity in Litres with lighting Watts. The ADA mini M is 18L so 24W T5 would be fine for high lighting. You wouldnt want any more than that.

22w * from 2x11w arc pods :)

That would be enough light, but ruins the looks of the tank, beat one would be the eBay light and DIY a hanging kit for it, or do a complete DIY jobbie?

The arc pods pink light look naff aswell after you use a decent light. Plus out of the few I've had te Chrome on top crinkled and looks pants.

haha, Woops.

Agreed, the Arc pods don't look very good at all, Slightly tacky. In my opinion most pendants to unless you buy a really expensive one, Thats why I made my own lighting unit, quality DIY job. Tricky to make your own on such a small tank like a nano though. Go for the ebay one and hanging it above could look good. get rid of the plastic stands on either end of the tank, they dont look bad though.

Back