• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting help

Aron_Dip

Hey guys need some help and advice on lighting for my tank its a (48x15x12 135ltr) iv been looking at a T5 setup see below specs..

LIGHT SPEC...
  • Black T5 Aquarium Light (4 bulbs) 120cm
    Measurements: 120 X 24 X 6 cm
    Fits up to 123cm length tanks
    Power: 216W (4 X 54W)

Is this ok?? (Tanks will be running co2)

Cheers guys

I reckon this is more than enough light.....I dont think you would need all bulbs on all the time. Is there the option to just have 2 of them on for a period??? (im no light expert BTW).

Cheers, Dave.

2x54w without reflectors is the limit your tank size can handle without issues if the lamp is close to the water surface ~6".

Thats very high lighting. In the old days 4 watts per gallon would be considered high, you would have just over 7 WPG. Two tubes on would be more than enough so you may want to look at a lower lighting system. The greater the light, the greater the chance you will run into problems.

Cheers for the reply's guys they do have the option to have just the two on but there is a cheaper light with 2 X 54W (with reflectors) it sits in the rim of the tank id say about 7-10" above the water will this be better suited??

Cheers

Back