• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

lighting

sdlra

Have a 215 litre Tank with 4 x 39 watt T 5 on for 9 hrs per day. Tubes being used are 2 x Plant Grow and 2 x original.I have lights set up in such a way that all four lights are on for 4 hrs a day and the rest of the time only the originals are on ie: 5 hrs .
Is this enough wattage for the Tank ? And is my method sound ?

Hi,
This question can only be answered within the context of your implementation of flow, distribution methods and CO2. Since you did not say anything about these other, more important features an evaluation cannot be performed properly. In genera however, it can be said, as a rule of thumb, that this is too much lighting by about 50%.

Cheers,

I am using a JBL Co2 system and two external filters an eheim pro 3 e which is approx 1700 litres anhr via a Lilly pipe and a pro 2 which is about half the flow rate with one long spray bar.....the co2 is coming out of that via an inline diffuser on the return side

Hi,
Well, the numbers sound OK but do you have movement of all the plant leaves, which generally indicates good distribution? What is the behaviour of the dropchecker and, more importantly, what are the responses of the plants?

Cheers,

Slight movement but it is there co2 checker nice healthy dark green,plants doing well......guess should stop worrying

sdlra said:
Slight movement but it is there co2 checker nice healthy dark green,plants doing well......guess should stop worrying

I would personally want to increase CO2 to achieve a lime green colouration.

Back