• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Little fish - really teeny tiny, iclke munchkin fellas

I believe so. Whys that mate?

What I wouldn't give for a pair of Dario dario...
My local Maidenhead Aquatics has a tank full of Badis badis...all males. The guy that runs the joint reckons breeders keep the females back, which I suppose makes sense...but it still would suggest there aren't that many in the first place.

How about Pethia gelius - Dwarf Golden Barb. Seriously Fish has them down as growing to 35-40mm but IME they don't get much beyond 20-25mm.

Last edited:
Good call on the rosy loaches MirandaB.

BigTom would a 60x45x45 TMC Signature be okay?

Just about I reckon James. They're a bit funny in that they spend a lot of time loafing about not doing much, but when they get moving they'll cover 2 or 3 feet in about a second. Give them plenty of plants to rootle about in and they should keep themselves occupied though. The other reason I recommend a largish tank is that they're pretty sociable fish and seem much more confident and engaged in numbers of 10+.

Cool tnx mate

I have about 15 of them in my roma 90 (along with about 16 cpds) and they do all get along great even though I'm a little unbalanced on the m/f ratio with too many males but there's never any aggression with these.

What I wouldn't give for a pair of Dario dario...
My local Maidenhead Aquatics has a tank full of Badis badis...all males. The guy that runs the joint reckons breeders keep the females back, which I suppose makes sense...but it still would suggest there aren't that many in the first place.

How about Pethia gelius - Dwarf Golden Barb. Seriously Fish has them down as growing to 35-40mm but IME they don't get much beyond 20-25mm.
Kesgrave tropicals have females. I got 2 pairs from them

Back