• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Livestock advise

Hi all,

I have recently restarted my aquarium with a new scape. I also started a journal here;
http://ukaps.org/forum/threads/an-iwagumi-called-seiryu-meadow.42269/
If you watch it you know my current situation

I want to ask you some advise for a team of helpers to clean between the Eleocharis sp. Mini.
Keep following points in mind;
  • When the Eleocharis carpeted whole of my tank i wil place the clean team
  • In the past i had Amano and Red Cherry shrimp. For now i like to choose not to keep shrimp.
  • I thought of Corydoras Julii. They are adorable and look like cows in the body of a fish:) But do they clean "enough"?
  • Are there any small species of Otocinclus that can be kept properly in my tank size?
  • I had snails but i always doubted the use of them plus they tend to die easy. I had five Clithon spec. Maybe there are better species for cleaning? Maybe i should have more of them? How many?
I hope you can think with me about this one ;)

No one will "clean" the grass quite like shrimp but you can use a small brush during your tank maintenance (I'm sure there's a video for that somewhere ;) )

Corydoras will sift through foliage & substrate - they can be quite talented at redistributing substrate so you may wish to wait for grass to establish before adding the cory's (they are awesome fish)

Most snails will clean, I've had good experience with the Clithon sp

Depending on availability there are several small (& unusual) otocinclus type species - research specific species before purchasing

Your tank is looking great :cool:

Back