• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Living Waters: Croydon and Poss others

OK Guys, how is Sat 21st July for you all ?

I have been chatting to Ed from FreshWaterShrimp and he has very kindly offered the possibility for those on this trip to visit their premises. This will be subject to confirmation closer to the day of course, as they are very busy and not always available. I have suggested this visit be the last part of the day, so that anyone wanting to buy shrimp are not carting them around all day. (see below).

Plan would be as follows;

* Meet at Living Waters at 10:00/10:30 hrs (with whatever pickups being made as necessary along the way by those who can)

* Spend an hour to hour and a half there marvelling at the impressive selection of plants and fish (and moss !) and then head to the nearest tube (or overground, whichever works out quickest and easiest... I need to take that under advisement, lol) and head in to ADC.

* Hopefully arrive at ADC by 12:30/13:00 but at that point, have an earlyish lunch. If we get there by 12:00 depending on how long everyone wants at Living Waters and how long it takes us to get into town, we could spend an hour to hour and a half at ADC and then have a latish lunch... again its flexible.

* By about 3pm, those who want to, head over to FreshWaterShrimp as a final stop.

There is an alternative and that would be to drive from Living Waters to FreshWaterShrimp and park in the vicinity (again, I need to take parking availability under advisement) then get the tube over to ADC and continue the day as suggested above, with the advantage that cars are close to FWS for the journey home.

Thoughts ?

Those of you who have already indicated an interest please let me know which, or both, of the 21st/28th July you are free, and also any preferences regarding the above suggestions, you may have.

Cheers
Chris

Sounds good Chris. Either date sounds ok but I can't give a definite yet due to circumstances at home. Do you have a postcode for ADC and FWS so we can see the locations please. All sounds good though so far, thanks for taking the time to sort this out. :thumbup:

I should be good with either

Juwel rio 180
2 angels
2 Siamese flying foxes
3 yo yo loaches
4 Julii corys
10 guppys

I popped in here over the weekend, they have a huge selection of moss and good quality plants, really surprised with quality and of fish choice, its my first time there even though its less than a 10min drive from my office :lol:

tim said:
working every weekend till last two weeks of august hurry up and organize the next one mate i hate my job :lol:

Erm...... take a S I C K I E :shh:
8) :lol: 8)

tim said:
:mad: at my job mate not you no offence meant

None taken :) . Hopefully we can arrange one sometime in the future when you are free too. Always good to meet new faces :) Pity you can't make it this time round.

somethingfishy said:
Is this still a go?

Yes mate.
Hoping to get a shedule out by the weekend so people can say yay or nay :) Been a bit busy this week sorting out a new car due to knackered CVT on the Micra :rolleyes:

Antipofish said:
somethingfishy said:
Is this still a go?

Yes mate.
Hoping to get a shedule out by the weekend so people can say yay or nay :) Been a bit busy this week sorting out a new car due to knackered CVT on the Micra :rolleyes:

Cool will keep my eyes peeled :wideyed:

I dont know much about cars but a cvt problem sounds like you have a flow and distribution prob :lol:

Hi guys, hope to be joining you as well. Went to ADC today and saw they now stock a great new collection of Dunnerle plants alongside Tropica. Dunnerle collection included some unusual varieties such as Microsorum sp Trident and portions were really quite large and healthy looking. Regards, Andre

somethingfishy said:
Cool will keep my eyes peeled :wideyed:

I dont know much about cars but a cvt problem sounds like you have a flow and distribution prob :lol:

CVT: Continuously Variable Transmission (thats the manufacturers definition)
CVT: Bloody Useless Gearbox (thats my definition) :lol:

Least said about it the better :twisted: :sick:

Anyway, hoping to get the shedule up this evening or tomorrow morning :)

Back