• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Living Waters: Croydon and Poss others

Hi all, sorry for being so slow to update.. its been really hectic down here.

The plan is to do as much as possible on 28th July.. Im still hoping to meet at Living Waters at 10/1030, spend some time there then move on to ADC in London, and then hopefully for those who have time, a trip to FreshWaterShrimp in East London.

The thing that is causing me a headache is the transport in to London from Living Waters. Im thinking probably train from E. Croydon in to Victoria then tubing from there to ADC and across to FWS, then back to Victoria and train back down to E. Croydon. That seems the most sensible but then the drivers are faced with parking fees at the station.

Does anyone know if there is free parking close to E. Croydon station, or even if theres a better way of getting in to London ?

Cheers

Also, please let me know for definite if you are available, and if you can offer lifts to people on the way, and where you will be traveling from, so we can arrange pickups if necessary/possible (Dont forget, its a nice way to meet new people and share the cost of transport ;) )

Cheers
Chris

OK guys Im gonna shelve this till after the Olympics. I definitely want to incorporate all three stops and if the Tubes are gonna be stuffed full then it will be a nightmare.

Antipofish said:
OK guys Im gonna shelve this till after the Olympics. I definitely want to incorporate all three stops and if the Tubes are gonna be stuffed full then it will be a nightmare.

Would say it was wise, took me one hours at 11 at night to do 2 miles sat night due to the Haye - Chisora fight at Upton Park, god know what the tube was like. I would imagine the crowds are 5x worse for Olympics.

i will go to living waters just to have nose around anyway.

darren636 said:

Or you can wait till August and meet others. Or do both :)

i have never been to croydon before, exciting times!

Aqua sobriquet said:
darren636 said:

Yes me too, as I've not been there before. I'll sneak in south via the M25! :lol:

Well if you fancy meeting up just for LW on the 28th Im game, and anyone else would be welcome along as well of course.

Thinking... It might be better to have a repeat of the last trip... Just do Living Waters and MA Morden, on 28th and then do ADC and FWS the next time. Save a lot of faffing around :)

What's everyone's thoughts ?

Chris

Darren has some lovely new scapes up and look out for the Angel fish. Was so tempted to splash out on those :)

Think I will hold out for the next meet that way. Those 2 are the main ones I want to go to but I think there is so much Olympic related stuff outside of london that there isn't going to be much sneaking anywhere inside the m25. What with working in london I for one will be happy when the Olympics and Paralympics are over with. Call me a miserable git but I just don't think London is ready for it. Look at some of the problems that are happening now and it hasn't even started. What with the extra cars and buses etc on roads from visitors and "official Olympic business" the Olympic lanes and the extra people on an already overcrowded public transport system. And lack of security so publicly announced (cheers g4s) we are going to get laughed at.

will probably get there in the morning- if i can find it! Although if antipo wants to meet up i can get there at any time....

Those who are driving there are limited parking outside living waters, you can park on the side street next to LW and the road is quite tight. Or you can park next to the petrol station.

Have fun and take lots of pics!

Back