• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Microsword?

Dougie

Hi, I have recently just put around 10small bunches of microsword(10 stems a bunch roughly) in my tank to carpet a small area, I was just looking for some experienced feedback on this plant, eg how long does it tale to carpet etc.
I've had a few runners off a couple of the bunches but nothing major yet, this is after 2 weeks, they all look nice and healthy. Amy help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Depends which species of microsword you're talking about really. Is it something like echinodorus tenellus? Or lilaeopsis? Either of this will grow fairly fast by setting out runners. The time taken for them to grow will depend entirely on the individual tank setup though - how much light, co2 and fertilisers they are getting, as well as your own water parameters.

Depends which species of microsword you're talking about really. Is it something like echinodorus tenellus? Or lilaeopsis? Either of this will grow fairly fast by setting out runners. The time taken for them to grow will depend entirely on the individual tank setup though - how much light, co2 and fertilisers they are getting, as well as your own water parameters.

it looks like this one?
99932.jpg

Yeah i'm having a big change at my co2 just now, upgrading a lot of it and adding an inline atomiser:)

Dosing Seachem 3 x weekly. Macro will be happening soon.

My light is pretty poor, 2 x 20W 6500K T8's.

Doing a custom build xmas time so that'll be upgraded then.

Cool, well lilaeopsis is easy enough to grow. The good thing about you having lower light is that it will be easier to supply enough co2. As your light increases, so does the demand for co2 and fertilisers, until you physically can't get enough co2 into the tank to supply the need and all hell breaks loose with algae going everywhere! Once it is settled in, it will start throwing out runners and spreading around the tank. There's no telling exactly how long it will take, but as long as you're not getting algae issues then you can assume that the growing conditions for the plants are good.

Yeah i think i have it pretty balanced in terms of co2, ferts & lights because i don't ever get algae anymore, i did when i started the co2!
After about 2 months i think i had around a square inch of tiny dots of algae on the front glass!
Cool, i hope it spreads soon:)

Back