• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

NA Style Baby... (Update 24.12)

Piece-of-fish

Ehehei 777th Journal :)
That is what we have managed to do during LFKC meet on Sunday.
Huge thanks to all the guys for coming and helping with the hardscape. This would not look as it does without your help and advice.
Initially plans were very different but i am very happy how this turned out:

Tank 90x45x45 optiwhite
Cabinet DIY ADA style
Lights Arcadia OT2 4x39w T5
Filtration one external with lily pipes
CO2 pressurized with up inline atomiser
Substrate Unipac Maui sand
Hardscape Seiryu stone and wood widely available from lots of LFSes (mangrove maybe) Pieces came from at least 4 shops
Heater Hydor external 200w

Plants
Was going to go for 2 islands with classy only ferns anubias mosses but guys suggested to go for one island.
Plant list is not complete and subject to change:
Java moss
Crypt Balansae
Crypt do not know what
Anubias nana petite
Anubias nana
Bolbitis heodelotii
Java fern needle
Java fern narrow
Little of red stems at the back for contrast maybe ludwigia arcuata
Monosoleum tenerrum

Planting will follow soon.
Might add some graded gravel.

lfkc_full.jpg

lfkc_close.jpg

Hope you like it.
Advise more than welcome :thumbup:

Re: NA Style Baby...

stuworrall said:
that looks amazing and has huge potential :thumbup:

Thanks, i am tempted to leave it harscape only :lol: Can easily ruin it after planting :)

Tenellus carpet and Juncus repens in the centre...DONE!

Absolutely love that mate, stunning, wouldn't change a thing, except maybe put it in my living room and not yours :lol:

Was great fun to set this one up, after a couple of hours it came together very nicely, loving the tank :) the unipac sand is very good, was surprised by the quality of it, something to use in the future.

Looking forward to seeing this one planted Ed :)

I was impressed with a few twists and viola .... a masterpiece :)

It was fun setting up and big props to Ed being so consistant with the tweaking of it till it got there in the end. Time did fly by... but it only seemed a quick 30 mins set up.... but really was over 2 hours :)

Cant wait to set up the other ones .... :)

Wow, looks really promising. The wood feels a tad too symmetrical, but it might change when it's planted...

Wow, that looks great! I'm a big fan of sand.

Cheers
Paul

Wow, that is absolutely stunning! Fantastic job! Makes me want to start over again :p I think a darker coloured crypt would look nice, not sure about how the balansae would be, but once again great job :D

Thanks a lot for so many great comments :thumbup:
Sorry about late reply.
I am tempted to make it more minimal but still will end up quite complex.

Mark Evans said:
Now thats what i'm talking about!

Keep the planting simple Ed!

Thanks Mark, will try...

Tom said:

Thanks again Tom :thumbup:

Tony Swinney said:
Fantastic - my kinda scape 8)

Just a carpet of mini glosso should do it ;)

Ton

Thanks Tony. Not sure about the glosso carpet. Want to keep the sand visible ;)

Dan Crawford said:
Tenellus carpet and Juncus repens in the centre...DONE!

Absolutely love that mate, stunning, wouldn't change a thing, except maybe put it in my living room and not yours :lol:

Thanks Dan, interesting idea. I might try juncus. Have a pot of it which i brought from MA when visiting Mark.

LondonDragon said:
Was great fun to set this one up, after a couple of hours it came together very nicely, loving the tank :) the unipac sand is very good, was surprised by the quality of it, something to use in the future.

Looking forward to seeing this one planted Ed :)

Thanks again Paulo, would be something different for sure without you guys... I was getting tired actually when it suddenly came together :)

mlgt said:
I was impressed with a few twists and viola .... a masterpiece :)

It was fun setting up and big props to Ed being so consistant with the tweaking of it till it got there in the end. Time did fly by... but it only seemed a quick 30 mins set up.... but really was over 2 hours :)

Cant wait to set up the other ones .... :)

Thanks again Rik :thumbup:

Jur4ik said:
looking good Edis,
turned out really well :clap:

C.Balansae might get too big for this tank. Mine got 60+cm big
C.Costata is a nice one, this one produce lots of leafs and stays smaller

http://www.flowgrow.de/download/file.ph ... G_1813.jpg
http://www.flowgrow.de/download/file.ph ... G_1812.jpg

Thanks Jurii, no to Balansae then. Maybe juncus will take its place. Will see.

JEK said:
Wow, looks really promising. The wood feels a tad too symmetrical, but it might change when it's planted...

Thanks. Planting will definitely change it a lot.

Pixels said:
Wow, that looks great! I'm a big fan of sand.
Thanks, wanted to try sand for a long time already.

Celestial said:
Wow, that is absolutely stunning! Fantastic job! Makes me want to start over again :p I think a darker coloured crypt would look nice, not sure about how the balansae would be, but once again great job :D

Cheers
Paul

Thanks, dark crypts could indeed look nice. The problem is i am not crypt variety expert :lol:

Will try to simplify the planting list. Will ditch Balansae Narrow and mb some crypts.
Will see.

That was nice watching u playing around in the tank but at the end u managed to do something really nice Edward.
Looking forward seeing the plants and all now

Thanks Erdal.... :thumbup:

So one week later...
Picked out all grey graded gravels... :lol:

IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

nababy-plans.jpg

Prepared everything for planting except moss.
Last photo shows more or less completed plan with Balansae, Arcuata and Moss drawn in paint :)
I am thinking between Balansae and Cyperus helfreri. What do you guys think?
Cyperus might be a bit too light green with everything else being dark.
Want to add something that would sway in the flow. Think it will contribute tank well.

Re: NA Style Baby... (Planting Plan)

Looks immense Ed.

C heferi would look great, and i'm sure youve got what it takes to grow it. Remember, unlike vallis, it doesn't spread out so it's a little easier to maintain long term

Balansae is another but different option.

In a tank of this quality, anything would work :thumbup:

Mark Evans said:
Looks immense Ed.

C heferi would look great, and i'm sure youve got what it takes to grow it. Remember, unlike vallis, it doesn't spread out so it's a little easier to maintain long term

Balansae is another but different option.

In a tank of this quality, anything would work :thumbup:

Thanks Mark :thumbup:
I will probably try Balansae first as i have some of it already and maybe replace it in the future.
Want it to be ultra low lighting as well.

LondonDragon said:
Looking great Ed, nice photos also, that 7D sure works wonders ;)

Thanks Paulo... It is not these photos i was talking about yesterday. Will upload some to the photography section the evening.
Taken yesterday in St. James park. But yes, didnt take much time to fall in love with 7D :lol:

The 7D is a lovely piece of kit. I have the 60D and felt for my wife it would be easier to use as the viewfinder does have its uses.

Looking forward to seeing more pics. It was lovely weather to take pics yesterday at St James.

Back