• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New TMC Mini LED 400

He-Man said:
yeah I have some news and you're not going to like it but as far as I can gather, through retailers always happy to ring tmc and the reply , :clap: every place I went (six best in nottingham area ) was the same.."tmc aren't releasing mini led 400 at all and pfk have got it wrapped round their necks" now... this can't just be a coincidence surely? :crazy:

I've got to admit... I stopped buying it and if it does come out then whoopeedoo for nano, sure that they make an excellent nano clip anyway and very affordable too

OH OH I see your news are not true... I almost fall for it, look what is available for 65 :lol:
There it is!!!
http://www.charterhouse-aquatics.co.uk/ ... -4873.html

Charterhouse have them at £64.95 I believe the price is..

Stupid phone didn't show that link then :(

I am still not sure whatever there is some clamp included or not or just single tile, any idea? And why they should change price for it? It is reasonably priced yet still most expensive nano LED available.

yes thats where I saw it first and I have to admit it got me going, tell us when you have one in your hands please :lol: :clap: plus they already changed the price as it was marked thirty five pounds on that site absoluteley ages ago like about six months :wave: ;) :thumbdown: :lol: :lol: :lol: maybe this is how you will understand communicating :lol: :wave: thanks I haven't had a good giggle like the one your post made 8)

He-Man wrote:yeah I have some news and you're not going to like it but as far as I can gather, through retailers always happy to ring tmc and the reply , :clap: every place I went (six best in nottingham area ) was the same.."tmc aren't releasing mini led 400 at all and pfk have got it wrapped round their necks" now... this can't just be a coincidence surely? :crazy:

I've got to admit... I stopped buying it and if it does come out then whoopeedoo for nano, sure that they make an excellent nano clip anyway and very affordable too which I do have in my hands :lol:

OH OH I see your news are not true... I almost fall for it, look what is available for 65 :lol:
There it is!!! right infront of your eyes though not in anybody's hands yet... hmmm :crazy: must be true like back to the future films and stuff eh? :lol: :lol:

any luck anybody?
http://www.charterhouse-aquatics.co.uk/ ... -4873.html

I would be laughing even harder if I manage to get one in my hands and above my nanos oh oh this news is well old

ghostsword said:
Radick said:
Check my new P&H nano thread ;) I made custom led for 30 pounds matching TMC. I could help you with something it is not difficult.
Thanks, will check it out.

From what I understand we need the LEDs, a device called a driver and that is it, right?

---
You can't possibly match those LEDs they are patented unless you have a broken model you're willing to repair, good luck by the way as all your attempts are not in vain, they just push the quality up of the ones we can buy :p

Radick said:
Ok Guys who know what is the price and when available? on PFK they said end of May.

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/c ... p?sid=3898

It should be 4 Osram SSL LED's (80 or 150 degree spread, I guess 80 for TMC) which seems to be of same efficiency as CREE XP-G Q5.

This little thing will run on 12W at 1000mA which should give around 1100 Lumens which could be as 24W+ T5 on PAR level I guess and I just recently started my DIY LED for P&H nano with 4x XP-G but I would use them on sides of main tank and buy this new TMC for nano instead.

Somewhere on other forum I've seen 39 pounds and it should come with dimmer... If true this light will be no brainer for nano :crazy:

why because their LEDs are far better than any you can possess or currently craft with. ooh sorry you won't know what I mean let me put it another way: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: still waiting

He-Man said:
ghostsword said:
Radick said:
Check my new P&H nano thread ;) I made custom led for 30 pounds matching TMC. I could help you with something it is not difficult.
Thanks, will check it out.

From what I understand we need the LEDs, a device called a driver and that is it, right?

---
You can't possibly match those LEDs they are patented unless you have a broken model you're willing to repair, good luck by the way as all your attempts are not in vain, they just push the quality up of the ones we can buy :p

No I can't match those LED's you are right :) I made it better as my LED's can go higher power than those used by TMC. They use Osram Oslon SSL and they run to 1A, I have free sample from Osram as I was curious. I am using CREE XP-G they go to 1.5A so TMC LED can go to 12W my fixture is capable of 16W... but currently running 6W only and getting PAR readings around 50 at substrate. And my fixture is dimmable too :)

About patented.. what is patented there? Osram LED's? Yes but you can buy them freely online.

There is already available a multi adjustable mounting system compatible with tmc's led equipment, it's called a modular mounting system mms this sits on the aquarium sides.
If this led 400 tile does actually surface I would imagine it would definitely be good for 45l plus and the micro led would be perfect for 27 litres I have two for my 45 mounted either side and at 35 ish pounds is a snip for one

I was looking at using one on my 27l. Might be worth investing in the controller.

He-Man said:
There is already available a multi adjustable mounting system compatible with tmc's led equipment, it's called a modular mounting system mms this sits on the aquarium sides.
If this led 400 tile does actually surface I would imagine it would definitely be good for 45l plus and the micro led would be perfect for 27 litres I have two for my 45 mounted either side and at 35 ish pounds is a snip for one

By micro, you mean this one?

http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/aquagro-micro-habitat-led-light-p-5303.html

Thought this would be inadequate for my 27l and was thinking the 400 tile instead. The micro comes as standard on the aquagro 8 litre tank setup, no? If sold for use with an 8 litre tank how could it be enough for 27 litres?

hotweldfire said:
He-Man said:

Thought this would be inadequate for my 27l and was thinking the 400 tile instead. The micro comes as standard on the aquagro 8 litre tank setup, no? If sold for use with an 8 litre tank how could it be enough for 27 litres?

If thats the one, I agree with Hotweldfire!

I've been looking at the 400 for my 20l - I can't see this micro would be enough (my 20l is 30cm deep). Anyone tried it on something bigger than the aquagro habitat?

Im gutted this mini LED is coming in so expensive!! The nano light search goes on...

Fair enough and it certainly looks like the one I have two of.
I kinda underestimated them too before they saved my hair grass- I'd waited months for the tile thinking the wait would be worth it - before I bought the micros two months ago
glad I didn't shun them quickly, maybe a little research on led lighting of today's ilk could benefit you slightly? the depth penetration and wider range for a pointer. :rolleyes:

true :) but at least there's a tried and tested fall back if not soon the new t2 bulbs or high power output cfl bulbs that the medical industry is snaffling before we get a sniff of as production couldn't keep up because of the health benefits of natural daylight they give off for hospitals, clinics and such

I managed to get by on a t8 power compact till i could take no more of seeing my hairgrass melt away

Eboeagles said:
hotweldfire said:
He-Man said:

If thats the one, I agree with Hotweldfire!

I've been looking at the 400 for my 20l - I can't see this micro would be enough (my 20l is 30cm deep). Anyone tried it on something bigger than the aquagro habitat?

Im gutted this mini LED is coming in so expensive!! The nano light search goes on...

It's so expensive because things haven't been done before, remember how mobile/cell phones used to cost the earth and now they are five p for a hundred

by the way did you read that I have been using two on a 15 inch high 45l ? very good I say and see above :)

lol does anybody want to do the math? ok 45 divided by two is 22.5 Litres here, I'm blooming in my 45 with two lights either side almost looking up and winking at me saying it's going to be alright while peeing day light all over those plants thriving within two months of use and as a 45 is usually 15 inches deep and we have to include substrate in our math...
maybe the help is just there for those who look? now in my honest opinion you could do well with it and if the 400 tile surfaces then great but better for my 45 :D .., you don't have to buy it really so keep searching maybe you'll go full circle and let us know the positives and or negatives out there.
whats five litres? when you have the penetration and range of the led not to mention the spectrum and savings
after all these new generation of leds were originally developed for corals by tmc ( Tropical Marine Marine centre) and we are merely reaping the by-products
maybe I'm lucky to have knowledge of deep coral tanks and the benefits of the new generation of leds but the information is all out there just google it , check the diy led at the krib.com too
my nano reef loves the micro and thats probably 30l

Back