• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Noob question

Aqua360

Hi all,

This is probably a really daft/obvious question, but I'll ask anyway.

Given that some LED clip on lamps are stated at 24w etc, which is good for working out watt per litre etc; I'm also seeing LEDs that don't state it this way, instead described as "48 LEDs, 3w power" as an example.

Surely this doesn't mean the light is 144 watt? I'm just trying to find a good led light, but slightly confused by those descriptions. Thanks.

I wouldn't use watt per litre when trying to figure if you have enough light. Usually(using beamswork on eBay as example) the add states how many leds there are and the power of each led followed by total lumen output. I had a beamswork that had 60 leds at 0.2 watt. Apparently this gave a a lumen figure of around 1400. Your example above sounds like a nano marine led!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I wouldn't use watt per litre when trying to figure if you have enough light. Usually(using beamswork on eBay as example) the add states how many leds there are and the power of each led followed by total lumen output. I had a beamswork that had 60 leds at 0.2 watt. Apparently this gave a a lumen figure of around 1400. Your example above sounds like a nano marine led!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back