• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Orange algea?

Matt Havens

Just going to start by saying that yesterday I did probably a 60-70% water change.
2271df0826ee853ef5217500c620b463.jpg

This hairy brown algea has already taken over most of the tank. I think it is the same algea but changing colour?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yes I have been using Columbo floragrow but last 2 days not been dosing due to water change. I had to move the tank too so didnt want to put too much more stress on the fish

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It's typical for beard algae to turn redish color when dying, killing it can be done with dosing liquid carbon or peroxide.. It doesn't happen instantaneously it takes a day or more to show.. But if you added liquid carbon you probably unintentionaly spot treated some of it in the area you put the stuff into the tank. And a few days later what's killed changes color, from black to redish to grey and dissapears. It aint a solution but it's a helping hand...

Search the algae section for beard algae or BBA and you'll find some interesting threads to follow..

Good luck.. :)

+1 with zozo; it's BBA; I would say remove the damaged leaves, I see that your anubias has some healthy ones ; double the liquid carbon dosage - there is no danger for fish or shrimps; and try to find what brought unbalance to the force ; good luck

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

Good morning,

After i treat algae with H2O2 they start to appear orange too. But only with H2O2 and never when i used the Seachem Excel.

Best regards

Back