• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant ID Help!!!

Lukmana91

Attachments

• IMG_1058_zpsa5vltoie.jpg
    IMG_1058_zpsa5vltoie.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1057_zpsc7zstjk7.jpg
    IMG_1057_zpsc7zstjk7.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 93
Thank you guys,

btw, about the grandulosa, what would be the best care for this plant?
And is it wise to position 2 strong red plants next to each other?

Ludw. glandulosa has shorter internodes (=part of stem between leaves) than Ludw. repens. Therefore it can be kept quite low, by trimming, if you want . Red colour will become more intense, the higher the stem grow, though (=closer to light).

As for placement of coloured plants ( ex. red next to red) this is basically a matter of (your) taste. It is often benefitial to be carefull about placing coloured plants close, since colours can have many aspects ( ex. cold/warm) and often "destroy" or "compete" eachother.

Thank you Mick,

After much thought and consultation, I've decided to change the L. Repens rubin to L. Ovalis. I was told that the color of the Ovalis will be closer to orange/ pink combination.

I would assume that the requirement for Ovalis in terms of Light, CO2 and Fert would be similar to L. Grandulosa, am i wrong in a assuming so?

In general Ludwigia's are not difficult plants to grow........but some are more easy than others. The L. repens, and most of its varieties are defenitely amongst the easiest tank-plants to grow. L. glandulosa is a bit less easy and I would consider L. ovalis too.
As you probaply know, the growth habit of L. ovalis and L. glandulosa are somewhat alike, in the fact they tend to "arch" more than growing straight up.

Back