• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Preventing Pseudomugil from jumping out of the tank

There are many strains of P.gertrudae in the world, but those in Victor's photo arent "standard", they look like Aru IIs or IVs which are slightly larger than common aquarium strain gerts, their tail colour spots give them away which are absent in the common LFS variety. They are actually more rare than Pseudomugil sp iriani/paskai. :)
Cheers Sanj now i know what to look for! :thumbup:

I've just hatched out some Pseudomugil gertrudae Aru II eggs :) hoping I can rear them on successfully as they are lovely fish.

I think you will be fine, although blue-eyes are small their eggs and hatched fry are a lot larger than the Melanotaenia and Chilatherina genus of rainbowfish. They are also comparitely fast developers. Start feeding with fine powder foods like Seramicron or golden pearls 5-50micron grade.

These fish typically live for ~18months give or take and their breeding life is shorter than that. The populations need to bred regularly otherwise your population will dwindle to a few geriatrics.

I have a group that I have kept going since 2009. Very nice strain and there is variation in the pectral and caudal fin tail spots; orange, yellow, white. Tail spots can be single or double.

Back