• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Radion xr15 coverage

Jakeyjake

Seedling
Hi I'm thinking of upgrading my twin t5 fixture to a radion xr15 freshwater.would one unit with the wide angle lens be sufficient for a 39inch tank ? On the Eco tech site it states it should cover a 36inch area.which will leave me an inch and half each side of the tank that won't get proper coverage.the current t5's don't span the whole tank so I'm presuming it shouldn't be a problem

If anyone could advise me it would be much appreciated

Thanks

No it will not...you'll need two units plus rail, hanging kit etc which will cost around £550.
It's not just about the coverage per se, it's about shadows cast by hardscape and plants.
Also with 1 light you'll have very high light areas directly under the light, and at the periphery low-light areas.

Even if you're very clever with your hardscape and planting it will make your life very difficult.
I'm struggling with 1 light coverage on a 24 inch...
I've had an algae farm to contend with; although I'm getting to grips with it now, but only after several months of hard work, and know how and a clean up crew.

No it will not...you'll need two units plus rail, hanging kit etc which will cost around £550.
It's not just about the coverage per se, it's about shadows cast by hardscape and plants.
Also with 1 light you'll have very high light areas directly under the light, and at the periphery low-light areas.

Even if you're very clever with your hardscape and planting it will make your life very difficult.
I'm struggling with 1 light coverage on a 24 inch...
I've had an algae farm to contend with; although I'm getting to grips with it now, but only after several months of hard work, and know how and a clean up crew.

Looks like I'll be ordering another then lol.i convinced myself one would do before I read your reply.

Hope they are worth the money and pay for themselves with the low power consumption

Do I need the reef link or can I do without it ?

Hi, they are great lights, really controllable.
You don't need the reef link. They connect to a computer via a USB cable for programming, once done you can remove the cable.
One light will be the master and the other the slave, so you only need to programme one light.
I'm still considering whether to buy another light or not as well, but my scape seems to be doing ok at long last...well for now at least.

Back