• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ram. Advice appreciated

My balloon rams are like that he will chase all day long. Having a male and female is not necessarily saying it's a pair. Your rams look like great specimens:thumbup:

Update:
Failed to accept second female. My picky male was more neutral to second female and still managed to nip her tale a bit.

Today introduced another female to him. Looks like he felt in love from a first time. As he refused 2 females before I never seen him acting like now. He just keeps dancing around her. Giving juicy colours I never seen on him before. Keeps every other fish away in safe distance. Shows up his fins and colour to new gf. hope he will not get over and I finally will see a matched female by his taste.
This is how he introduced himself. Was not shy to show who's daddy in this tank.lol

Never seen him bothering about ember tetras and my only puffer. Now he keeps her in safe distance from everything that moves. Both females ar clashing but he does it pick up fairly quick, stands in the middle and nips away other female (the one he refused to). It looks like I'm taking back her to lfs asap.

Will keep observe. Fingers crossed to for them to form in nice pair.

I am planted!

Update:
Successfully paired
Female (few minutes before laid eggs)
17344112772_18dd3ba4f7.jpg

and happy male
17344113082_b095b5d9d4.jpg

not the best quality video, not easy to reach position of their own choice where to lay eggs

Back