• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Recommend some fish

john dory

...for my juwel rekord 600.

Currently houses 5 rummy nosed tetras and 6 cory.
Low tech medium planted.
Ph 7.5
Medium hard

Would like something that lives in the upper layers.
Although my tetras are active,they stay low..would adding more,encourage them to use more of the tank

My Ember Tetras do spend quite a lot of time hiding down low, but are more active since I added 12 Rosy Tetra which are more confident out in the open water. They still all tend to stay mid to low level though, the Rosys only venture to the upper levels to take food from the surface and only do that once the food at lower levels has all been eaten.

My tetras don't hide,but they never move more than 2 inch higher than the substrate.
I may go with guppies

More rummies likely would help - or perhaps there's something amiss ... I've yet to keep any fish that don't ultimately roam the entire tank, some may be more surface oriented while others are more substrate oriented but all manage to get into everywhere ;)

Not to dissuade you from the call of guppies :D
- I have some awesome "orange guppies" that actually look to be a guppy/endler hybrid that are lovely fish (I keep all males so as to avoid the "millions fish" + there are rarely quality pairs/trios to be had)

I've bought 5 male guppies,which are trundling around in the tops of my swords.
Tetras now seem happier to move up into the mid layers.

How about Odessa Barbs? Awesome fish in a large group with enough room.
fish.jpg

Hi
Odessa barbs are beautiful fish they don't really get that big in size.... also breeding readily with out much encouragement!
You may even get some youngsters surviving in a heavily planted aquariums!
Cheers
hoggie

Back