• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Scarlet Badis

Manisha

I have an established 240l & 20l tank. Another 20l in the making & bits & pieces for a 55l & 130 litre...(variety is the spice & all that jazz!) The second 20l I hope to house 'chilly raspberries' by November hopefully, but my lfs has begun to stock live food on a regular basis - changing my thoughts entirely. I would love to keep scarlet bad is but wondered if anyone has kept this fish? Any recommendations? Tips? Many thanks

I've had them before and had 2 males to 2 females. They are definitely cute and they size each other up so it would be best to give them some room. I know that each female staked out her territory (or stayed within one cave and area) and the males would either join them or find a new spot. In terms of feeding, I fed cut up brine shrimp, baby brine shrimp, live baby brine shrimp (which they loved the most), daphnia and bloodworms. I think they will be very happy with lots of hiding spots =).

Thanks for the feedback - anything I'd read/heard about these little fish suggests they wouldn't get on without live food, so glad the lfs are getting in regularly now :) I'd probably only have room for a pair I think in a 5g tank - but not sure how easy obtaining a female is here in the UK :( So think only a single specimen would be safer... although maybe wouldn't do well alone? I do hope to leave stocking until there is good growth with plants so cover & hiding spots shouldn't be a problem at that stage :)

Back