• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Siamese fighter and Celestial Pearl Danio

I'd be worried the tiny CPDs would be too afraid of him. Never tried it. My Bettas killed tank mates usually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend has a shop & there is always a small planted tank (or 2) for the CPD's, there is almost always a sale Betta in these tanks as well ...
most Bettas are fine with small fish, while they might spend a bit of effort initially doing some flare & chase, most small fish will easily outmaneuver ornamental Bettas (if you're looking at PK's that's a different scenario, even the most line bred HMPK's tend to be more focused hunters than their fluffy finned counterparts ;)) and it's all settled within a few hours or couple days

If you've only one tank or can't rehome Mr Betta, then caution is good - but this statement might apply to many fish species that are considered as CPD tankmates :)

40litre tank + interesting décor, I'd settle the CPD's then add Mr Betta & have high expectations of success ...
elephant ear/dumbo Bettas also seem pretty low key (though I've not kept these myself), "Giants" though seem to be more predatory & more active (I've no idea on the genetics, most claim mutation but I'm always suspicious of cross breeding having been done in the initial stages) & larger tanks are often recommended

Unfortunately Mr Betta is my wife's and there's more chance of me being rehomed :lol:.Wanted to put the CPD's in her tank :rolleyes:.
Just shutting down my hi tech tank for a little while,so needed somewhere to put them.I've got my low tech,but PH/TDS is a bit low.

I've got my low tech,but PH/TDS is a bit low.
I suspect they'll do fine (loads of people in my area keep these fish & tap water is soft, acidic ... a few people might be adjusting conditions for the CPD's but most don't, fish seem happy enough with some reports of breeding).

If you want to try integrating them into Mr Betta's space, eject him (kindly) for a day & do some rescaping, add in the CPD's, give them several hours, then add Mr Betta back in ... I'm assuming he's the usual long finned ornamental type :)

Just shutting down my hi tech tank for a little while
that's a shame ... you might try transitioning it to a lower tech situation if it's an issue of time etc

I'm assuming he's the usual long finned ornamental type :)
:thumbup:
I suspect they'll do fine (loads of people in my area keep these fish & tap water is soft, acidic ... a few people might be adjusting conditions for the CPD's but most don't, fish seem happy enough with some reports of breeding).
That sounds good.Think I'll just put them in my low tech then.
that's a shame ... you might try transitioning it to a lower tech situation if it's an issue of time etc
Not time etc,thinking of getting a slightly bigger tank.
Thanks for your help mate ;).

Back