• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Silly Oto photo

Ajm200

My son managed to capture this silly pic of the otos in the tank lining up for the 'All you can eat buffet'. :rolleyes:

CZamB3.jpg

They hang around that corner of the tank just before feeding time to see what veg are on offer. Not usually in such an orderly fashion. They love sweet potato and sweet pepper. It took 6 months for them to discover veg but now they are hooked.

Last edited:
Yes they are very funny fish, actualy a pitty, the more densly a tank gets planted the less you see them.. They are such a fun show to watch while the tank slowly is maturing..

Lost one this am guess it is one of the newer additions. Hate that they can be so fragile

Another silly Oto picture.

I give you the world-famous Oto display team... The Red Otos...

120BDF9D-4134-4DDC-8324-722225495796.jpg

Edited to add: When I set up this 25 litre nano tank, I wanted to keep Otocinclus because my wife loves sucker-mouth catfish. I felt that the space would be okay for them - they do like to move about, but don't need much swimming space - but I was worried whether they'd get enough to eat in such a small tank. But with algae wafers and occasional off-cuts of boiled vegetables I needn't have worried: look at those plump bellies!

Last edited:
Mine have got too used to the veggies. They spend a lot of time just resting on the substrate or anubias. I think they were a bit too stuffed to exercise. I had to cut down on the veg to get them moving again

Back